“BASIS” Foundation and The Faculty of Physics of Moscow State University continue their annual series of summer schools on theoretical physics. The 2018 school will be devoted to contemporary condensed matter theory. The school will include 10 lecture courses, 8 academic hours each.
The program targets the advanced students, PhD students and young researchers specializing in theoretical physics of many body systems. The official language of the school is English.
Arrival date: 19.08.2018, departure date: 31.08.2018.
- “Many-body disorder and quantum thermodynamics”, Dmitry Abanin, Geneva University
- “Real-time dynamics”, Guy Cohen, Tel Aviv University
- “Dynamical control of quantum matter”, Eugene Demler, Harvard University, Cambridge
- “Superconducting quantum information devices”, Arkady Fedorov, University of Queensland, Brisbane
- “Phase transitions in correlated and topological systems”, James LeBlanc, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- “Correlated materials simulations: from DFT to DMFT and beyond”, Alexander Lichtenstein, Hamburg University
- “Dynamics of quantum systems close to adiabatic limit”, Anatoli Polkovnikov, Boston University
- “Ultracold matter”, Andrey Turlapov, Institute for applied physics, Nizhny Novgorod
- “Simulation of many-body physics with existing quantum computers”, Walter Pogosov, F.L. Dukhov VNIIA, Moscow
- To participate in the school please fill the application form.
- The participation in the school is free of charge but the estimated price for the hotel (full-board, twin room - 2 beds) is 35 thousands Rubles (app.600 USD). BASIS Foundation will cover accommodation and/or travel expenses for a limited number of participants from Russia and near abroad. If you seek financial support you should make a request when filling the applications form. The deadline for applications is March 31.
- All participants excluding Master students and 1-st year PhD students are required to provide a poster presentation of their scientific results. Authors of the selected posters will be given an opportunity to present a talk.
Alexey Rubtsov (Moscow State University & Russian Quantum Center), chair
Oksana Boytsova (“BASIS” Foundation)
Petr Arseev (Lebedev Physical institute)
Grigory Astretsov (Moscow State University & Russian Quantum Center)
Anton Markov (Moscow State University & Russian Quantum Center)
Alya Porembskaya (“BASIS” Foundation)
The school will take place at the HELIOPARK Lesnoy Hotel (Solnechnogorsk district, Moscow region). 30 minutes drive time from Moscow Sheremetyevo airport.
19.08 a bus will be provided from the Belorusskaya station to the Hotel
31.08 a bus will be provided from the Hotel to Belorusskaya station