The Foundation “BASIS” announces a call for applications for the grant competition “Junior Leader”. These grants are aimed to support leading scientists along with the gifted young researchers, conducting theoretical research in the field of fundamental physics.
- Support key scientists and give them an opportunity to involve young researchers into their research;
- Contribute to the development of the existing research teams of the internationally competitive level as well as the emergence of the new ones.
Within the competition the support can be granted to key scientists and/or formed by them research groups, consisting of young researchers working under their supervision, including: PhD-students, young researchers without PhD degree and senior students (the maximum number of young participants – 2 persons).
- The head of the group: not above 45 years old (as of the 1st of January, 2017); PhD or higher doctoral degree; conducting research in theoretical physics; not less than 8 publications in the international journals with the impact factor above 1 or Russian journals with the impact factor above 0.5 (within the period from the 1st of January 2012 to the application submission)
- PhD-students or young scientists without PhD degree: not above 30 years old (as of the 1st of January, 2017); Master’s degree or equivalent; specialization in theoretical physics;
- no less than 1 publication in the peer-reviewed journal (within the period from the 1st of January 2015 to the application submission) – in the case of Master degree or equivalent was received not sooner than the 5th of April, 2016.
- no less than 1 publication in the international journal with the impact factor above 1 or Russian journals with the impact factor above 0.5 (within the period from the 1st of January 2015 to the application submission) in the case of Master degree or equivalent was received before the 5th of April, 2016)
- Students: not above 26 years old (as of the 1st of January, 2017); master student or 4th year bachelor student or equivalent; specialization in theoretical physics or related field.
- Proposed research project and group leader expertise complies with the competition subject (theoretical research in fundamental physics);
- Significant scientific achievements of the group leader;
- Scientific relevance, originality and potential impact of the proposed research project;
- Expediency of the involvement of young participants to the research project;
- Existing experience of the leader and the group in the proposed research area
Funding Provisions for scientific group participants are the following:
- 45 000 RUB (around $800) per month for the group leader;
- 25 000 RUB (around $450) per month for PhD students and young scientists;
- 15 000 RUB (around $300) per month for students
Individual grant for the head of the group is allocated for the period of 3 years, for the young researches – for the period of their participation in the project confirmed by the head of the group.
In 2017 «BASIS» Foundation is planning to support about 6 Junior Leader's grant applications.
The full application on behalf of the scientific group must be submitted by the head of the group. The full application includes Application of a head of the group and Application-agreements of each of the young participant. All applications should be submitted in Russian and in English. Forms for filling the Russian and English version of the application are available in Word or Latex formats on the Fund's website in the sections "Application form for the leader" и "Application form for the young participant".
- Full application should be submitted by 23.59 (Moscow time) April, 5, 2017 electronically (as pdf file) to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: “Junior Leader”).
- Printed copy of application signed by each participant of the group have to be send to the Foundation address (Building 23, Kutuzovskiy prospect, 36, 121170 Moscow) not later than 18.00 (Moscow time) April, 20, 2017.
List of the selected applications will be published on Foundation's web-site by the 1st of July, 2017.
More detailed information about grant competition requirements can be found at competition documentation.